Made without oil or butter, these sweet and fudgy chocolate banana muffins are perfect for a delicious snack– and they’re healthy enough for breakfast!
Bananas might just be my favorite fruit to bake with. They’re so flavorful and versatile and nutritionally dense– they are a good source of potassium, manganese, fiber, and vitamin C. They add moisture to baked goods and contribute to the lovely, fudgier texture of these muffins. They’re also an excellent natural sweetener.
Most importantly, bananas are amazing with chocolate!
(That’s one of the most critical tests of a food for me– how well does it pair with chocolate? Bananas deliver!)
These are some of favorite muffins to have on hand– they’re filling enough to curb hunger between meals, they’re sweet enough to feel like dessert, and they’re good for you– my definition of a perfect snack!
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup baking stevia or granulated sweetener of choice
- ¼ cup & 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350° and grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, sweetener, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk and bananas.
- Pour wet into dry and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly in the tin and bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- These muffins taste even better the next day, so bake them in advance!
These muffins are vegan with the appropriate chocolate chips.
Click here to see some of the tools and ingredients I use to make my recipes!
- Currently Reading: The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick
- I am SO EXCITED for autumn! What do you mean, autumn doesn’t start until later this month? In Courtney Land it starts on September first! 😉 Autumn is easily my favorite season and I am READY. The colors, the weather, the FLAVORS… autumn is the best. It totally requires all of those excitable capital letters.
- My delightful new habit this week has been oversleeping. I have never had this problem before. It was starting to freak me out a little bit, so I made the mistake of Googling it and (naturally) ended up freaking out a little bit more. Honestly, I’ve always been a terrible sleeper– I wake up approximately 2000 times a night and I’ve always had random bouts of insomnia– so everything is probably catching up to me. Or I have a sleeping sickness. 😉
- Recipes I tried this week:
– Teriyaki Tofu Dragon Bowl – Rock My Vegan Socks
Shared at Thoughts of Home on Thursday; Foodie Friday; Weekend Potluck; Healthy Vegan Fridays; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons & Motivation and IlkasBlog; Tips & Tricks Link Party; Wow Us Wednesdays. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Connect with me!