Beat the heat with the delicious tropical flavors in this Kiwi Mango Frozen Yogurt Pie!
I received free samples of Zespri SunGold kiwifruit mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Zespri Kiwifruit and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
I was not familiar with Zespri’s SunGold variety of kiwifruit before entering this contest, but I was immediately intrigued. The nutritional profile was pretty impressive right away– one serving (2 kiwifruit) is a good source of vitamin E, as well as having three times more vitamin C than an orange and as much potassium as a medium banana. The appearance was new and surprising, too– like many people, I was more familiar with the green variety with the fuzzy skin. SunGold kiwifruit are yellow on the inside and have a smooth skin.
And the taste? So sweet and tender! It was all I could do to keep myself from just eating them all by themselves instead of saving them to use for this pie. My self-control paid off, though– the lovely, tropical taste of the kiwi mixes so well with mango, and makes for a cool and summery treat. Frozen yogurt pie is a fun and fruity alternative to ice cream cake when you’re in the mood for a frozen dessert!
- 6-8 graham cracker sheets
- 2-4 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 cups coconut yogurt
- 16 oz. frozen mango
- ½ cup baking stevia or sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 kiwis, sliced
- Grease an 8-inch springform pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a food processor, crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs, then add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time until a dough-like consistency forms. Press the graham cracker crust firmly into the pan and set aside.
- Process the yogurt, mango, sweetener, and vanilla until smooth. Pour evenly over the crust.
- Slice your kiwi and layer on top of the pie.
- Freeze until firm before slicing.
- Keep stored in the freezer and allow to thaw slightly before eating.
This recipe works best with a high-powered food processor; I use my Ninja— I love and recommend it! For more of my favorite kitchen resources, click here.
- Currently Reading: Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
- Good for a giggle: Hamilton, starring Elephant & Piggie.
- I said I was going to moderate my Olympic viewing and yet… I have stayed up too late every single night so far, binge-watching. So tired… and so much to watch. 😉
- I always forget about what ends up being my favorite thing to watch at the Olympics: synchronized diving. It is sorcery. I’m afraid of both heights and water, so the divers are pretty much superheroes in my opinion.
- Recipes I tried this week: Olympic Smoothie Bowls from A Whisk and Two Wands!
Road to Rio / Dig Deep / No Guts, No Glory / Go for the Gold / On Your Mark, Get Set, Go
Such a great– and delicious– idea!
Shared at Thoughts of Home on Thursday; Foodie Friday; Weekend Potluck; Healthy Vegan Fridays; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons and Motivation and IlkasBlog; Wow Us Wednesdays; What’s Cookin’ Wednesday. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post may contain affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Make sure to check out more recipes featuring Zespri SunGold kiwifruit from other Recipe ReDux members!
Connect with me!