Simple, wholesome, and delicious, this fruit toast is ready to eat in under five minutes– perfect for a quick breakfast or snack!
There is a time and a place for big, fancy food preparation, but a weekday morning is not it.
Whether it’s the rush before work, or the need for a quick pick-me-up midday, I don’t want to spend ages making something to eat– I just want to eat. My favorite recipes are simple ones, with lots of room to play around and mix things up. That’s why I’m such a fan of things on toast!
Fruit toast, in particular, is a favorite of mine in the summer, when I have so much fresh fruit to choose from. I can eat it with breakfast every day of the week without having the same fruit toast twice. It’s also a good way to pack in some nutrition, with fiber, protein, and the wide array of benefits that come from mixing and matching your fruit on hand.
It’s an ideal snack, too– sweet and satisfying, it gets you through to your next meal without ruining your appetite.
I’ve been all about the blueberry-strawberry-grape-yogurt combination lately, but I’ve included some of my other favorite variations following the recipe below.
- 2 slices bread of choice
- 2-4 tablespoons Greek yogurt or nut/seed butter
- sweetener to taste (optional)
- sliced fruit
- spices, dried fruit, nuts/seeds, etc., for topping
- Toast your bread (grilling is great, too), then spread evenly with Greek yogurt or nut/seed butter. Sweeten if desired.
- Layer the sliced fruit over the top
- Add spices,dried fruit, nuts/seeds, etc. and enjoy!
Some of my favorite variations:
– Greek yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, grapes
– peanut butter, bananas, dates, cinnamon
– Greek yogurt, mangoes, strawberries, powdered ginger
– almond butter, pumpkin puree, apples, pepitas, pumpkin pie spice
– sunbutter, raspberries, lemon curd, sunflower seeds
– cashew butter, peaches, honey, chia seeds
– coconut butter, pineapple, shredded coconut
Shared at Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Meatless Monday with Running on Happy and The Fit Foodie Mama; Tips & Tricks Link Party; Wow Us Wednesdays; Thoughts of Home on Thursday; Weekend Potluck; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons and Motivation and IlkasBlog. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post may contain affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.