This refreshing grape lemonade slushie is a naturally sweet treat– and it’s perfect for helping you cool down in hot weather!
I crave lemon more than pretty much everything in the summer. Sometimes I even crave it more than chocolate! I mean, I usually go back and get the chocolate later, but the point is that I choose the lemony goodness first! 😉
Lemon candles, lemon soaps, lemon desserts– if it’s summertime, I want lemon for ALL of the senses. It’s not a surprise, then, that I am all about the lemonade. The amount of lemonade I can go through is staggering.
There’s just nothing better than ice cold lemonade on hot summer days! I like to fancy it up a bit now and then, though, and throughout the years I’ve added anything I could think of– spices, extracts, pretty much every fruit available… and grapes are a special favorite of mine.
Grapes need more love in smoothies and slushies. They freeze wonderfully and add a light and pleasant flavor without being overpowering. They have great anti-inflammatory benefits and are a good source of potassium, iron, manganese, and vitamins C, A, and K. And don’t forget those grape skins making that pretty confetti in this slushie– they contain reservatrol, a powerful antioxidant.
Whether they’re eaten as they are (or as raisins!) or added to a yummy lemonade, grapes are great!
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup red grapes, frozen
- ¼ cup ice
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- additional sweetener, to taste (optional)
- Process everything in your blender until combined.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This recipe works best with a high-powered blender; I use my Ninja— I love and recommend it! For more of my favorite kitchen resources, click here.
- Currently reading: Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty
- The Republican and Democratic National Conventions have inspired me… to rewatch The West Wing yet again. I honestly don’t even know what number I’m up to by now.
- Happy place of the week: baby and kitten waking up after taking a nap together.
- For a good giggle: 21 Tumblr Posts That’ll Make You Say “Whoa, Wait, What?”
- Recipes I tried this week:
– Spicy Zoodles with Tofu – Fairyburger
– Vegan Lemon Bars – Chocolate-Covered Katie
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Connect with me!