Perfect for a light and simple meal, this stir-fry is filled with chopped and spiralized veggies and drizzled with a bold and flavorful peanut sauce.
Veggie Noodle Stir-Fry in Peanut Sauce
This month’s Recipe ReDux theme is Get Your Fruits and Veggies in Shape: With produce galore, now’s a great time to enjoy lots of fruits and vegetables. Show us how you’re serving the bounty of gardens and orchards in shapes like ribbons, noodles, cut-outs, or other creative cuts.
Perfect, because I love spiralizing!
I was pretty late to the spiralizing game. There was no particular reason why I was holding out, other than kitchen space– I already had so many gadgets, did I really need another?
The honest answer is no, no I did not. However, life is short and spiralizing adds fun variety to my meals, so I rearranged my kitchen cupboard and embraced my veggie noodles! I went with the Vegetti Pro Table-Top Spiralizer, but there are so many options available, suitable for any budget or purpose.
There are an incredible number of things you can do with your spiralizer, but my personal favorite is to make a veggie noodle stir-fry. A simple stir-fry is one of my go-to meals– it ends up being my lunch or supper at least a couple of times a week– and using veggie noodles has been a good way to mix things up.
The best thing about a recipe like this is how easy and versatile it is– it’s prepared in under 30 minutes and you can use whatever veggies you have on hand!
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 4-6 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- ¼ cup onions, sliced
- ¼ cup broccoli, chopped
- ¼ cup cauliflower, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- peanuts, for serving
- 2-3 tablespoons peanut butter (or PB2)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼-½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon powdered ginger
- Prepare the sauce: in a bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients together until smooth. Set aside.
- Spiralize the zucchini and carrot; chop the other vegetables.
- Grease a large pan or pot with cooking spray. Cook the veggies and minced garlic until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the veggies have finished cooking, divide into servings and pour the sauce over the top. Add peanuts if desired and enjoy!
This recipe is gluten-free with the appropriate soy sauce.
- Currently reading: Good Night, Mr. Wodehouse by Faith Sullivan
- New toy I’ve been playing with: a yoga wheel! So fun, and yet I spend half the time terrified of rolling right off and breaking everything… up to and including my neck. 😉
- It has also meant that I’ve been spending even more time on Pinterest, finding new things to do with it. Productivity has been low this week, guys.
- Aaand that’s part of the reason why I am still painting the house. It will never end; I will be painting forever.
- Recipes I tried this week:
– Flourless Chocolate Cake – Chocolate-Covered Katie
Shared at Thoughts of Home on Thursday; Foodie Friday; Weekend Potluck; Healthy Vegan Fridays; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons and Motivation and IlkasBlog; Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Tips & Tricks Link Party; Wow Us Wednesdays. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend. If you purchase through those links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Connect with me!