Start even your busiest mornings off right with these simple, delicious, and satisfying orange cream overnight oats!
Sweet, cool, creamy oatmeal?
Overnight oats are my favorite way to eat oatmeal in the summer. Not only are they an easy and time-saving breakfast– prepared the night before, refrigerated overnight, and ready to eat in the morning!– they are a yummy way to experience a new range of flavors that work better when they’re cold!
Overnight oats can also have an irresistibly thick and creamy texture, and the secret is in the Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt and oatmeal are so good together, and so filling– perfect for breakfast. With that as your base, and with the addition of the bright, juicy flavor of oranges, you have a delicious way to start your morning!
- ½ cup oats
- ¼ cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon orange zest OR ¼ teaspoon orange extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash each of salt, cinnamon, and powdered ginger
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- sweetener of choice, to taste (optional)
- 1 orange, segmented and chopped
- nuts and/or seeds, for topping
- In a bowl or jar, combine the oats through the optional sweetener.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to eat, stir in the chopped orange and top with nuts and/or seeds as desired.
This recipe is vegan with the appropriate yogurt.
Shared at Meatless Monday with Confessions of a Mother Runner and A Whisk and Two Wands; Meatless Monday with Running on Happy and The Fit Foodie Mama; Tips & Tricks Link Party; Wow Us Wednesdays; Thoughts of Home on Thursday; Weekend Potluck; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons and Motivation and IlkasBlog. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links.
Connect with me!