Combine all of the healthy benefits of golden milk with sweet, delicious bananas and mango in this fruity frozen treat!
I’m not going to lie to you: this is a weird one for me.
Golden milk is very trendy right now, and for legitimate reason: turmeric and ginger work wonderfully against inflammation. This is super important because inflammation is a contributing factor in so many health problems, from allergies to cancer. Golden milk is also supposed to be good for digestive issues, which is what drew me to it in the first place.
So where’s the catch?
I’m not terribly fond of golden milk.
Turmeric is just kind of gross by itself, and golden milk doesn’t usually hide the flavor enough for me. But bananas and mangoes do.
Thank you, frozen bananas and mango: you are always glorious, but you also make it easier for me to do the whole golden milk thing! 🙂 As a bonus for those of you in it for digestive health, bananas and mangoes can both be helpful for tummy trouble.
It’s probably still a taste that you need to acquire– there is a bite and a spiciness here that might not be everyone’s cup of tea at first– but the point is that you can acquire it. Just embrace it and think of the healthy, healthy turmeric!
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon powdered ginger
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 frozen bananas
- ½ cup frozen mango
- sweetener of choice, to taste (optional)
- In a saucepan, bring the almond milk, ginger, turmeric, and black pepper to a boil, then simmer on low for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Add this mixture, the bananas, mango, and optional sweetener to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You may need to add a bit more almond milk, depending on the power of your blender.
- Serve immediately, or transfer to a pan lined in parchment paper and freeze until it firms up a bit.
I use my Ninja food processor to make this recipe.
- Currently reading: Before the Fall by Noah Hawley
- All of the talk about Pokémon Go this week has made me super nostalgic for the summer before fifth grade, when I was completely obsessed with Pokémon. It was quite an addiction for a girl who liked to cross things off of a list. 🙂
- Happy place of the week: these baby elephants think they’re lap dogs.
- The most popular ice cream shop in every state— have you been to yours? Shamefully, I haven’t been… but it’s close by and I’m going to change that!
- Recipes I tried this week:
– Coconut Curry Daikon – Fairyburger
– Zucchini Cheddar Whole Wheat Waffles – Family Food on the Table
Shared at Thoughts of Home on Thursday; Foodie Friday;Weekend Potluck; Healthy Vegan Fridays; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons & Motivation and IlkasBlog; Tips & Tricks Link Party; Wow Us Wednesdays. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links.
Connect with me!