This root beer float smoothie is a wonderful summer treat– and a healthier way to enjoy the classic favorite!
I was never entirely on board with the whole drinking my ice cream thing.
Not that I don’t like a milkshake– it’s just that if I’m going to have ice cream, I prefer to be eating it!
The one exception was always root beer floats. I love me a root beer float. There’s something so wonderfully nostalgic about them that brings me right back to summer vacations as a kid.
There’s no replacing the real deal, but this root beer float smoothie is a healthier way to turn a special treat into something you can enjoy every day!
A quick note about your protein powder– this is where you’re going to get a lot of your vanilla ice cream flavor, so make sure you really like the taste of the one you’re using!
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- sweetener of choice, to taste
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon root beer extract
- handful of ice
- cocoa powder, for color (optional)
- Pour everything into a blender and process until smooth. Top with whipped cream if desired.
- Currently reading: The Lemoncholy Life of Annie Aster by Scott Wilbanks
- Is anyone using an eyeliner that they really like? I’ve been trying to find a new one and I haven’t had any luck so far. I am about this close to getting my eyelids tattooed and being done with it. 😉
- Still painting the house… still hating the painting. I just have to keep reminding myself that it’s going to look so good when it’s finished!
- I love these DIY sea glass bottles. So pretty!
- These felted animals are precious and I’d take all of them.
- Recipes I tried this week:
– Chocolate Chip Brownie Pie – Chocolate-Covered Katie
Shared at Thoughts of Home on Thursday; Foodie Friday; Weekend Potluck; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons & Motivation and IlkasBlog; Tips & Tricks Link Party; Tasty Tuesdays; Wow Us Wednesdays; What’s Cookin’ Wednesday. For a complete list of where I share, click here.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use and recommend, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links.
Connect with me!