How do you make sweet, chewy chocolate chip cookies an even bigger treat? By adding bright and colorful sprinkles! These cookies are a festive addition to all of your celebrations.
There’s just something so happy and fun about sprinkles. I can’t be in a bad mood when I bake with them. I certainly can’t be grumpy when I’m eating them.
These are mood-boosting cookies.
And they are just made for parties. They look absolutely perfect at birthdays, and make any gathering feel more cheerful. You can customize the colors to fit the occasion– green and red for Christmas; red, white, and blue for Independence Day; black and orange for Halloween; favorite colors for personalized gifts. Kids love them.
You don’t need a party as an excuse to make them, though– eating a yummy and pretty cookie is celebration enough!
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1½ cups flour (I use white whole wheat)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Beat the oil and brown sugar together with an electric mixer.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, milk, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Place spoonfuls of the dough onto your cookie sheets and flatten them slightly.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Allow to cool on the sheets for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
These cookies are vegan with the appropriate chocolate chips.
- Currently reading: Lost Among the Living by Simone St. James
- It’s a summer of house renovation here, and this week has been pretty much dominated by painting. I have to admit, painting is not one of my great loves. I want it to be as quick and painless as it is in The Sims. 😉
- This Hawaiian-inspired lei wreath looks so colorful and cheerful! Colorful and cheerful is clearly this post’s theme.
- Recipes I tried this week:
– Avocado Pesto Spaghetti Squash – A Whisk and Two Wands
– Strawberry Cappuccino Ice Cream – Strength and Sunshine
Shared at Thoughts of Home on Thursday; Foodie Friday; Weekend Potluck; Healthy Vegan Fridays; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons & Motivation and IlkasBlog; Tips & Tricks Link Party; What’s Cookin’ Wednesday. For a complete list of where I share, click here.