Sweet, salty, and crunchy, these no-bake peanut butter pretzel granola bars are perfect for a delicious snack between meals!
Several months ago, I posted about a granola bar recipe that my brother requested. The result, my chocolate pretzel granola bars, wasn’t quite what he originally had in mind. There were no complaints– they are really good!– but he was still looking for something more peanut buttery.
So I came up with these little beauties. They received his approval, and quickly became one of my own personal favorite granola bars!
The sweetness of the maple syrup and molasses is a perfect accompaniment to the saltiness of the pretzels, and peanut butter just makes everything better.
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ cup oats
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- ⅓ cup pretzels, crushed
- Line a 9x5 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the oat flour, oats, maple syrup, and molasses together until combined. Press firmly into the bottom of the pan and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir the peanut butter and milk together until smooth, then stir in the crushed pretzels.
- Spread the peanut butter pretzel mix smoothly over the oat layer.
- Chill the bars in the refrigerator to set before cutting.
- Currently reading: Beastly Bones by William Ritter
- Pretty much the only thing I’ve been thinking about this week has been setting up the new blog– lots of work for me but pretty boring to talk about, so I’ll spare you. My family hasn’t been so lucky. 😉
- Who else makes their own birthday cake? I’ve had some people imply that it’s a bit weird, but I don’t mind. 🙂 As usual, I made a cheesecake– a yummy, yummy cheesecake.
- Timewasting for foodies: can you identify these spices?
- Recipes I tried this week:
– Zucchini Banana Bread – Chocolate-Covered Katie
Shared at Thoughts of Home on Thursday; Foodie Friday; Weekend Potluck; Healthy Vegan Fridays; Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up with Marathons & Motivation and IlkasBlog; Tasty Tuesdays; Wow Us Wednesdays; What’s Cookin’ Wednesday. For a complete list of where I share, click here.