This summery fruit salad gets a boost from delicious and nutrient-dense walnuts!
Fruit and Walnut Salad with Honey-Lemon Dressing
By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by the California Walnut Commission and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Walnuts are incredible. In just one ounce of walnuts, you get 4 grams of protein, 2.5 grams of omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid, and 2 grams of fiber. They’re great for your brain and your heart, and are a rich source of antioxidants. And they’re yummy, too!
Plus, they’re versatile: walnuts are wonderful on their own, but they also make a great addition to trail mixes and granola, and are an easy, crunchy topper for salads, yogurt, oatmeal, and desserts.
With all of their health benefits, and with all of the ways to use them, there are so many reasons to incorporate more walnuts into your diet.
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 orange, segmented and chopped
- ½ cup grapes, sliced
- ½ cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2-4 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons honey*
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt*
- powdered ginger to taste (optional)
- In a medium bowl, toss the sliced fruit together with the chopped walnuts and raisins. Set aside.
- Whisk the lemon juice, honey, yogurt, and optional ginger together until combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
*For a vegan alternative, substitute with pure maple syrup and a vegan-friendly yogurt.
For a complete list of where I share, click here.
Connect with me!
Be sure to check out more delicious ways to use walnuts from other Recipe ReDux members!