These chewy oatmeal cookies are packed full of sweet dried berries– and they make a lovely, light dessert.
Berry Oatmeal Cookies
Play around with your favorite berries– I used dried blueberries and cranberries for this particular batch, but I’ve used strawberries and raspberries, too.
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup flour (I used white whole wheat)
- ⅔ cup oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ½ cup dried berries of choice
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Beat the brown sugar, oil, and applesauce together with an electric mixer.
- Add the flour, oats, baking powder, and salt and combine.
- Add the milk to the mixture 1 tablespoon at a time until dough forms-- you may end up needing a little more or a little less.
- Fold in the berries.
- Place spoonfuls of the dough on to the baking sheets, then flatten.
- Bake for 8 minutes and allow to cool on the sheets for 1-2 more before transferring o a wire rack to cool completely.
For a complete list of where I share, click here.
Connect with me!