Filled with fiber and protein, this savory oatmeal topped with chickpeas roasted in peanut sauce is an easy, satisfying, and flavorful meal.
Savory Oats with Chickpeas in Peanut Sauce
This is one of the things I turn to most often when I know that I might have a longer-than-usual wait between meals. It’s a great way to stay full and energized– and it requires very little time and effort to make. I like to prepare the chickpeas ahead of time and keep them stored in the fridge to make this an even quicker meal– and they are a great snack on their own, too!
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas
- 2-3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼-½ teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups water
- dash salt
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼-½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Prepare the chickpeas: preheat oven to 400° and grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas. Pat them dry with a paper towel, then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, hot sauce, garlic powder, and ginger.
- Pour the sauce over the chickpeas and stir until coated.
- Spread the chickpeas onto the baking sheet and bake 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Prepare the oats: In a saucepan, bring the oats, water, and salt to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and stir until cooked to desired consistency.
- Stir in the soy sauce and garlic powder.
- Transfer to bowls and top with chickpeas.
For a complete list of where I share, click here.
Connect with me!