When you are looking for a quick, easy, and healthy snack, it’s hard to make a better– or more delicious!– choice than this avocado and mushroom toast.
Avocados are yummy little miracles. The label superfood is thrown around a lot, but avocados truly deserve it: an incredible source of fiber and healthy fats, and with a nutrient list including potassium, folate, and vitamins B, C, E, and K, there are so many reasons to add more avocado to your diet.
- 4 slices of rye bread (or bread of choice)
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- 8-10 white or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toast your bread-- grilling it is amazing, too!
- Mash your avocado together with the garlic and curry powders; set aside.
- Sauté the mushrooms in salt and pepper until cooked.
- Spread the mashed avocado on each slice of bread and top with the cooked mushrooms.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.