One pot and ten minutes: this mac and cheese is quicker, cheaper, more delicious, and just as easy as the boxed stuff!
Mac and cheese is one of the ultimate comfort foods and this recipe requires so little effort that you might just have to stop yourself from eating it for every meal. 🙂
You don’t really have to sell mac and cheese– it’s mac and cheese and it sells itself– but this is also super customizable. Use shells instead! Add veggies! Shake it up and go crazy with your spices! Use whatever cheese you want– shredded of any variety, cream cheese, cottage cheese, a slice of American… your possibilities are endless.
- ½ cup dry elbow macaroni or small shells
- 1 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk or Greek yogurt
- ¼-½ cup cheese of choice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine pasta, water, and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir regularly until your pasta is cooked-- around 8 minutes. Once it is done and most or all of the water has boiled off, reduce heat to low and add your milk/yogurt, cheese, and garlic.
- Stir until the cheese has melted, then season to taste.
This recipe is vegan with the appropriate milk and cheese.