This healthy granola has all the indulgent taste of a cinnamon bun!
I have a confession: I don’t know what a responsible amount of cinnamon is.
I just love it so much and I love adding it to everything– even when it probably shouldn’t be there. Granola is a great place for it, though, and this granola is packed with warm, yummy, cinnamon-y goodness.
I usually eat my granola on top of yogurt or by the handful, but I couldn’t stop eating this one like cereal. I’m not generally a fan of cold cereal– I’m always hungry again about two minutes after I eat it– but a big bowl of this with some almond milk? Heaven.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- ½ cup nuts and/or seeds (I used cashews, walnuts, and sunflower seeds)
- 2-4 tablespoons granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- dash salt
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300° and grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, cereal, nuts/seeds, sweetener, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla and stir until everything is coated
- Spread evenly onto the baking sheet and bake for 22-25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Once the granola has cooled completely, stir in the white chocolate chips.
This granola is vegan with the appropriate white chocolate chips.