You don’t need a million fancy ingredients and hours of prep time to make something delicious. With only 6 ingredients, this mushroom and onion quesadilla is one of my favorite quick-and-easy lunches.
I used to hate mushrooms as a kid– they were one of those foods that I absolutely refused to touch– but now I can’t get enough of them. I’m pretty sure I would eat this every day if given the chance.
- 2-4 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ¼-½ of a white onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tortilla (I use whole wheat)
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and sauté mushrooms, onions, and garlic over medium heat until tender. Season to taste.
- While the vegetables are cooking, spread the cream cheese evenly over the tortilla.
- Layer the cooked mushrooms, onions, and garlic on top of the cream cheese and top with mozzarella.
- Fold tortilla and cook on both sides over medium heat to desired crispiness.