Chocolate lovers rejoice with these sweet, chewy, decadent Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies!
I keep trying to write this post in a way that doesn’t make me sound like Cookie Monster, but I’m not sure that I’m able to. I’m just going to embrace it– I understand Cookie Monster on a spiritual level.
I love cookies. I love making them, I love eating them, I love looking at them. Cookies are happiness.
And then there’s chocolate. Chocolate is my favorite. The higher the chocolate content, the happier I am.
These are my own personal cookie heaven.
These taste super decadent, but they get a nice nutritional boost from the coconut oil and white whole wheat flour. Add that to the antioxidants in cocoa powder and I’ve given myself an excuse to eat a bunch of them.
As if I needed one. 🙂
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup flour (I used white whole wheat)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- up to 2 tablespoons more milk or water*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Beat the brown sugar and coconut oil together with an electric mixer.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and beat until combined.
- Add ¼ cup milk, and up to 2 tablespoons more if necessary.*
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough on to your baking sheets and flatten.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Allow to cool on the sheets for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
*only use if your dough is too dry, and add it a teaspoon at a time
These cookies are vegan with the appropriate milk and chocolate chips.