Combine two great things for breakfast with this sweet, crunchy Earl Grey granola!
Granola is a staple in my house. It’s always on hand, I’m always trying something new, and whenever the reserves get low, I freak out a little and immediately make a back-up batch (which leads to that in-between stage where you’re not sure whether to finish off the old yummy batch or to test the new yummy batch, and you just eat all of it).
Earl Grey is another staple for me, so it just made sense to combine the two!
There’s something so comforting about Earl Grey tea. And since it is painfully, eye-wateringly cold here, the coziest thing in the world right now is grabbing a blanket, a cup of tea, a bowlful of this granola, and just curling up with a good book.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- ½ cup nuts and/or seeds (I used cashews and pepitas)
- 2-4 tablespoons granulated sweetener of choice (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- dash salt
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 Earl Grey teabags, opened
- Preheat oven to 325º and grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats through salt.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla and stir until coated.
- Split open your teabags and stir in the leaves.
- Spread evenly onto baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the sheet– it will continue to harden as it sits.