Combine the yummy flavors of pizza with the healthy deliciousness of roasted chickpeas to make this satisfyingly crunchy snack!
Roasted chickpeas are one of my favorite snacks, so I’m always trying different flavors. And what is a better flavor than pizza?
I’ve already talked about how awesome chickpeas are, but it bears repeating: chickpeas are super great, guys. If you’re looking for a healthier snacking option for the new year, they are a yummy and addictive choice.
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons pizza or tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°, grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas. Pat them dry with a paper towel, then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Combine sauce through salt and mix with chickpeas until coated. If using the red pepper flakes, stir them in as well.
- Spread on to baking sheet and cook for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through.