This oatmeal is a quick and festive way to use up some of the candy canes you might have piling up around Christmas time!
Because Christmas is the perfect time to treat yourself to candy for breakfast.
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- dash salt
- sweetener to taste (optional)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 candy cane, crushed and divided
- In a saucepan, bring oats, milk, and salt to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium, add sweetener, vanilla extract, and ¾ of the crushed candy cane, and stir until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with the remaining candy cane pieces.
This oatmeal is gluten-free with the appropriate oats.