You only need two ingredients to make these crunchy and delicious roasted taco chickpeas!
I love simple, versatile snacks.
These chickpeas are incredibly easy to make (two ingredients!) but so yummy, and you can use them in many different ways– as a vegetarian taco filling, a soup or salad topper, blended to make a quick dip…
All good options, but honestly, I usually just end up eating them by the handful.
I’d love chickpeas for their deliciousness alone, but they are also nutritious and great for you– bonus! They are full of protein, fiber, and iron, keeping you full while promoting digestive health and lowering cholesterol. And have I mentioned how yummy they are?!
I like these with homemade taco seasoning– it’s super easy to make, it saves money, and it doesn’t have any of the filler ingredients that you find in the store-bought stuff.
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (my homemade version is below)
- Preheat oven to 400°, grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas. Pat them dry with a paper towel, then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Toss chickpeas and taco seasoning until coated-- sometimes I spritz them with a little bit of cooking spray while tossing.
- Spread on to baking sheet and cook for 35-40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Homemade Taco Seasoning
adjust to taste– I like things strong!
– 2 tablespoons chili powder
– 1 tablespoon cumin
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon black pepper
– ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
– ½ teaspoon oregano
Mix everything together and store in an airtight container.