This creamy, flavorful pumpkin sauce is a perfect twist for your pasta dishes, and goes especially well with cheesy tortellini!
Have people reached their pumpkin limit yet? I don’t have a pumpkin limit, so I can’t really tell.
At any rate, it’s always a good time for pasta.
This pumpkin sauce is super simple to make– just throw everything together in a saucepan and simmer until it’s heated– and you can use it on any pasta you have (or veggies, or whatever else you want to cover in pumpkin). I just happened to have a bag of tortellini to use up!
It’s also full of good, wholesome things. The heavy hitter here is the Greek yogurt: it makes the sauce creamy but keeps it light, and also gives it a protein boost.
- 1 (16 oz.) bag cheese tortellini
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ¼-½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- dash nutmeg
- Prepare tortellini to package instructions; drain and set aside.
- Combine pumpkin, milk, yogurt, and wine in a saucepan and cook on medium heat.
- Stir in Parmesan, salt, garlic powder, parsley, and nutmeg, and simmer on low until heated through.
- Top each serving of tortellini with sauce. Garnish with more Parmesan and parsley if desired.