Full of delicious, seasonal flavor, this pumpkin pizza for one is a wonderfully quick and easy meal.
Sometimes I just want pizza. I don’t want to buy a pizza, and I don’t want to make a whole pizza. I just want a little bit of pizza for myself, and I want it quickly.
Thus, the skillet pizza.
Easy and endlessly customizable, it’s a single-serving meal you can make in under 20 minutes with very little mess or fuss.
And as I’m wrapping up my season of pumpkin EVERYTHING, of course I had to make myself a pumpkin pizza.
- ¼ cup flour (I used white whole wheat)
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- a dash each of salt, pepper, and onion powder
- 2-4 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-4 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning to taste
- additional topping ideas: sauteed onions and mushrooms; maybe some cranberries, if you're adventurous?
- Combine the flour, milk, baking powder, salt, pepper, and onion powder to make your pizza dough.
- In a bowl, stir the pumpkin, Parmesan, and garlic powder together to make your sauce. Set aside.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Spread your crust out to desired thickness and cook over medium heat until the bottom is firm.
- Flip the crust over, top with the pumpkin sauce, and add mozzarella, Italian seasoning, and any other toppings you'd like. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the cheese melts.
This recipe is vegan with the appropriate milk and cheese.