These rich and delicious peanut butter molasses no-bake cookies are great for a quick, easy, and healthy, dessert!
So, what are your thoughts on molasses? My family covers all the bases– two fans, two haters, and one neutral party.
These cookies are a quick, easy, nutritious treat for any fellow molasses-lovers out there (and for those of you on the fence? The neutral one in my house really likes these).
Blackstrap molasses has quite a distinctive flavor, and though it’s not everyone’s thing, it is full of good stuff like iron, magnesium, calcium, and manganese. It’s a better sweetener for diabetics, it’s a good choice as a sticky sweetener for things like no-bakes and granola bars, it’s good for your hair…
Yes, it’s a bit of an acquired taste, but taste buds can be retrained! So, if you think you hate molasses, give it another shot– start by thinking of all the nutrients, and after awhile you might find that it’s growing on you. 😉
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup blackstrap molasses
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- In a mixing bowl, stir your peanut butter and blackstrap molasses together until combined. You might need to heat one or both of them up to a more stir-able consistency.
- Add oats, oat flour, vanilla, and salt, and mix until combined. The mixture should be sticky and holding together well. If it isn't, allow it to chill in the fridge for a bit, until it can be scooped into balls.
- Form into balls, cookies, or bars, and keep stored in the fridge.