This savory garlic pumpkin oatmeal is a perfect and cozy meal for chilly autumn days.
As much as I love pumpkin desserts, my absolute favorite way to eat pumpkin is with garlic and cheese. Savory pumpkin just does it for me.
This oatmeal is warm and comforting and wonderful.
And everything tastes better in a cute fox ramekin!
- 1 cup water or milk
- ½ cup oats
- pinch salt
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Bring water/milk, oats, and salt to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in pumpkin, cheese, and garlic.
- Cook until desired consistency is reached, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to bowl and add more salt and Parmesan, to taste.
Garlic Pumpkin Oatmeal - Baked Version
– ½ cup oats
– ¼ cup pumpkin puree
– 3-4 tablespoons milk of choice
– 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese
– ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
– ¼ teaspoon baking powder
– dash salt
1. Preheat oven to 350° and grease a ramekin or small oven-safe dish.
2. Add everything to a bowl and stir until combined.
3. Transfer to prepared dish and bake 20-25 minutes.