This creamy pumpkin cheesecake smoothie tastes like dessert in a cup!
It’s crunch time, people. I have until Thanksgiving to consume ALL the pumpkin.
(Then my taste buds switch over to Christmas, which means chocolate and gingerbread and peppermint. But that’s a different post.)
So, a lot of people know the frozen banana trick by now– throw one in a smoothie and watch the magic happen. The trouble for me is that I’m not a huge fan of the banana-pumpkin combo. I love both of those things separately, but together? Not so much.
Enter cottage cheese, the unsung smoothie hero.
It makes things creamy and lovely and milkshake-like with a more neutral flavor than fruity banana or tangy Greek yogurt– both of which are wonderful things in smoothies, but not always for the flavor you’re going for.
So, here it is: guilt-free pumpkin cheesecake in a cup!
- ¾ cup water or milk of choice
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese or sugar-free cheesecake pudding mix
- sweetener to taste (I generally use 2 packets of stevia-- you may need to add more sweetener if you use the cream cheese rather than the pudding mix
- dash cinnamon
- dash pumpkin pie spice
- small handful ice
- optional topping ideas: whipped cream, graham cracker crumbs
- Pour everything into a blender and process until smooth.